Chief Technology Officer
[Shanghai - Full Time]
ITC empowers the most ambitious brands on their digital transformation in China and across other Asian markets. With a team of 60 experts in three countries. ITC leverages Martech, e-commerce and omnichannel solutions to maximize client’s ROI.
What you will get out of this position
The ITC development team is composed of developers from junior to senior, working with different strengths. In a dynamic, multi-project and multi-timeline environment, ITC needs someone with proven leading skills to liaison with our Partners, Project Director and team in order to constantly improve our team, our processes and our delivery.
You will work side by side with some of the most influential minds in the digital world, and approach the latest trends of advanced technologies. A great chance to practice in order to enhance your skills with solid process & techniques.
- Opportunity to engage in new projects with Fortune 500 clients as well as promising startups
- Heaps of interesting things to build from scratch
- Opportunity to lead the changes and the new trends
- Scalability, modern stack of technology and amazing team of co-worker
- Strong professional skills from mentorship developed by working alongside CEO
- Performance based career evolution
- Work together the Partners to:
- Establish the company’s technical vision and lead all aspects of the company’s technological development.
- Ensure technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely
- Evaluate and implement new systems and infrastructure
- Directs the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth
- Provide architectural direction to the architect team
- Manage the engineering team:
- Performing peer code reviews
- Producing clean, efficient code based on specifications and industry best practices, maintaining code quality, organization and automatization
- Accountable for working with outside data sources and APIs
- Ensuring the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Deep Understanding of continuous integration / continuous delivery concepts and the ability to troubleshoot related issues
- Actively participate in projects and understanding requirements
- Providing time estimates for new initiatives
- Accountable for unit tests implementation
- Maintaining code quality, organization and automatization
- Manage the DevOps and architect team
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as marketing, production and operations as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values.
- Conducts research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
- Acts as a good steward of IT Consultis resources and ensures control of IT departmental budgets.
- Work/involve in other consulting mission, solution generation and client pitching process
- Other missions evolved with the business needs.
Tools and Technology we are curently using
At IT Consultis we are mainly working with PHP-based back-end solutions fitting project needs, these include Magento, Drupal, WordPress, and Laravel; these are used with a headless approach exposing JSON APIs which are consumed by front-end applications written in React.js or Vue.js. In addition to website front-end technologies, we also use WeChat Mini programs (built using Taro.js or mpvue) as well as React Native mobile applications. Our stack is run locally and on the target infrastructure using containerized environments and is deployed using GitLab-ci. Local development is performed using docker-compose-based set-up while staging and production environments are using AWS ECS or Kubernetes. Infrastructure in cloud environments, we manage is built using Terraform on AWS, Aliyun, and Azure.
- Proven experience as a Technical Manager, Director or CTO or similar leadership role
- Proven experience in managing a multicultural team and at least 20 developers across different offices/countries
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy, strategic thinking
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills in English, Chinese
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
Nice to Have
- Any additional programming language is a plus
- Flexible paid days off
- Employment and insurance benefits above the market
- Professional career path and frequently objectives, review
- Multicultural team (10+ nationalities), non-stop parties, sharing, learning
- Lovely office with modern facilities
- Fun and dynamic team with great ambition, always fight for the same goal
- Pantry area with snacks, drinks available all the time
- Other exciting team building activities